Wednesday, February 07, 2007

CSI Chapter at IIM Indore

Weeks of hard work finally paid off with the successful launch of the Computer Society of India - IIM Indore Student Chapter on February 3, 2007. It all began last year with the enrolment of our senior batch of students into the folds of CSI. The inauguration of the Chapter should technically have taken place last year itself, but somehow it failed to materialise. However, this year, with the renewed dynamism showed by the present 1st year students of Infinit-I - the IT Club of IIM Indore (of which I happened to be a member) along with the guidance from the seniors and faculties, we were able to finally launch the Chapter.

Mr. Lalit Sawhney - CSI President inaugurated the Chapter. Dr. S. P. Parashar - Director of IIM Indore, Mr. Upendra Giri - CEO AstroWix and Dr. M. Scalem - Professor at IIM Indore were present at the inauguration.

The event got national coverage from leading newspapers like Business Line and Hindustan Times, and from some regional newspapers like Dainik Bhaskar and Nai Duniya.

Some snaps from the event...


Chief guests (L to R): Dr. Scalem, Dr. Parashar, Mr. Sawhney, Mr. Giri


Lighting of the traditional lamp


Launch of CSI - IIMI Website

We kicked off the activities of the Chapter with a workshop on Enterprise Project Management along with a live demonstration of Microsoft Project 2003, conducted by Mr. Upendra Giri.


Upendra in action, students in rapt attention

The whole exercise of organising this event was a bittersweet experience for me. The day following the event, we had elections for members of the interest clubs, which I somehow didn't manage to win. However, there were a lot of new experiences for me. This was the first time I'm trying my hand at organising an event. The fact that almost everything went on perfectly, except for some hiccups here and there, made me very happy.

But more than this; even more than the praises that came our way, what I treasured the most was the new bond of friendship that I got to make during the weeks of hardship that I had to go through to make this whole event a grand success.

4 comments:

Sajeev said...

work well done! i wish i could ever be able to work so hard.

and your case weakens belief in democracy but then again we might not always get what we want, we might get something better :)

Robin said...

Good one.. Keep on writing..

Anonymous said...

All the blogs I read here are awesome but since i feel more strongly about this one than any other I thought I will put the comments here. Dear! your blog and your work, they show the immense sincerity, that YOU possess and I admire. Great going... nothing can beat the spirit of your candor and geniality...

Sreeram N said...

Thanks for your comments guys. :)

 

My Blog Directory