Thursday, April 03, 2008

Google Docs - Please be more user friendly!

I've been using Google Docs for quite some time. In fact, I type all my posts in Google Docs before posting in my blogs. It's good to see Google introducing the offline editing capability through Google Gears. However there's one basic feature which has been missed out. Every time I create a new document it's by default created in the root folder, and not in the folder I am currently browsing.

There's a feature in Microsoft Excel where in when I have to enter a table, I just have to keep pressing tab after typing the data. Once I reach the end of the column I just need to press "Enter" key to go to the beginning of the next row. Sadly, this feature is not there in Google Spreadsheet.

These are only minor features, but will go a long way in making Google Docs more user-friendly and easier to use!

No comments:

 

My Blog Directory