Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Tasting Thunder difficult in Chennai

Among all the cola brands, Thums Up was the only drink which I liked. My days at Planet-I were not complete without taking a sip of Thums Up. A desi brand like Thums Up was liked by people in the young teenage group - more than rivals like Pepsi and Coke. In fact this brand has its own cult following.

When I moved back home to Chennai, I so badly wanted to get a 1.5L bottle and drink it during the hot afternoons. Sadly, Thums Up's distribution in Chennai is very poor. It's so difficult even to get the one that comes in glass bottles. Why such a situation here in a metro, when it is so widely available in even the remotest of places in Central India?

1 comment:

sai thilak said...

May be people in cities go for brand colas. Thats where, I think, the real marketing kicks in!!

 

My Blog Directory